We believe that childcare is an extension of the family unit. Each family is important and we aim to support parents in the care and upbringing of their children in a happy and homely atmosphere. Hundred Acre Wood ECD Centre has been running for 15 years with Shelley Schram as principal. She is very active with a hands-on approach in all the classrooms. We are a family orientated ECD centre and her door is always open to parents and all teachers.
We will provide a safe and nurtured environment in which to encourage, stimulate and develop individual growth.
We believe that children should...
- Always feel safe, happy and comfortable
- Have opportunities to seek challenges as part of their exploration within a safe environment
- Be given the opportunity to experience a programme aimed at developing the child – physically, emotionally, imaginatively, socially and intellectually
- Have opportunities to express their feelings
- Have opportunities to be involved in activities that develop a positive self-concept and confidence in themselves
- Be able to grow in independence and respect the rights of others
- Develop an appreciation of the wider community through involvement of community, home and our ECD centre
- Be encouraged to be involved in the care of the environment
- Be taught to be loving, caring and to respect individual differences
Hundred Acre Wood ECD Centre achieves this philosophy by...
- Recognising that each child is an individual
- Providing a quality developmental programme within the context that learning and play should be fun
- Employing caring, appropriately qualified and experienced staff who can meet the varying needs of children
- Providing facilities of a high standard located within a healthy environment
- Ensuring that parents have the opportunity to discuss their children’s needs with staff
- Providing children with nutritional and inviting meals
Hundred Acre Wood ECD Centre is a registered Educare Centre
with the Department of Social Development - Reg. Number: 13/3/5/2/2 C8140